Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a little dated, but worth a post

As I'm browsing our web gallery of pictures I realized I never blogged about our trip to Solvang and Los Olivos that we went on with our parents back in July... oops! It was Andrea and Sandy's idea for us to go wine tasting locally, so we all went (me, Brian, Dad, Sandy, Andrea & Nick) to a local wine country for some picture taking... and some wine tasting, too ;) We even made it out to Neverland Ranch, which was quite a sight! Especially just a couple of weeks after MJ died... There were so many photos, I tried to condense them-- hence all the collages...

first stop - Firestone Vineyard
Photobucket
the wine wasn't very good...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
next - Fess Parker
Photobucket
Photobucket
nice, Dad
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
dad relaxing all cool
Photobucket
Photobucket
the 'rents
Photobucket
into the city to visit the Artiste winery shop
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
loved this truck-thing outside
Photobucket
there was a book to draw in so I made some random drawing (don't judge-- I'm no artiste!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
off for some more fun
Photobucket
an E for E ;)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
someone's ready to go home...
Photobucket
I don't know why, but I just love taking pictures of sconces! I took SO many on this 1 day trip! haha
Photobucket
olive oil tasting... yum!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Neverland Ranch, MJ's old home, was just a few miles up the road. We visited there just a couple weeks after he died, so there were still a ton of fans surrounding it. What a sight...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
(note the MJ "impersonator"-- an Asian guy that didn't even speak English)
Photobucket
I look awkward because I didn't know if I should've been smiling or not... it was a sad feeling to be there.
Photobucket
RIP, MJ
Photobucket

Overall, a fun day with the parents!

0 comments: