Saturday, July 17, 2010

She's a Star!

This past Thursday we had the second trimester anatomy scan at my other doctor's office. I took the grandmas with me (my mom, Sandy and Andrea) since Brian couldn't get off work during his last week at FOX. (Side note-- Brian just got a great new job as a manager of research at ABC! woo hoo!)

They checked baby's heart, brain, and other organs. They check blood flow, her lip (for a cleft palette), spine (for spina bifida), etc. The doctor also gave us our results from the last scan and the risk assessment for down syndrome and the trisomy disorders were both 1:10,000-- he said we won the lottery with those numbers as they are the absolute lowest possible! They also double checked her gender... she's definitely a girl! Most importantly, our baby girl looked normal and healthy! :) We are so thankful.

Please enjoy this video I pieced together from our ultrasound. (Many things are labeled so hopefully you'll be able to see her pretty clearly.)

Don't forget to leave us a comment! She'll see this blog one day ;)

me at 19 weeks:

Photobucket

and Baby Girl at 19 weeks, 4 days :) (make sure to turn up your sound!)



Except for some muscle aches and leg cramps, I'm feeling good... and baby is kicking me every day! It's amazing :) Next up... working on her nursery!!

0 comments: