Thursday, June 4, 2009

guest room - re-do!

So our guest room, aka the future nursery, is kind of a disaster right now. I bought a great plain fabric headboard for $50, but have yet to find the perfect fabric to upholster it in. At least the walls are neutral... I bought navy and white bedding that I'm already bored with, we have old Ikea furniture that I'm dying to get rid of (the only pieces of furniture from our old apartment), and on top of all that, Brian uses the guest closet for his clothing since our master is full with my stuff, so there's clothing and shoes spilling out. Ugh, it's just a mess! I'd really like to update it since it will probably be another year or so (boo...!) until we make it a nursery. The only guests we ever have are Justin & Ethan and... guilt trip guys... they hardly ever stay with us!

So, here I am at work, pretty bored, and I decided to make my very first mood board! It's basically my ideas for the room, jumbled together. What I'm in the mood to put in this room! It's not all exactly what I want, but you'll get the idea ;) (I'm going to work on more at home, but photoshop will be more of my friend than picnik.com was for this!)

Photobucket

I'd like to have the bed sheets in all white, and that way I can add color with pillows (that's what I forgot to put on the mood board!). We already have the sunburst mirror, so I'll work that into the room. I want to get rid of all furniture, and just add in a side table and a bookshelf--both I have on here are great! I'd like more lighting, so if the lamp doesn't give enough light, I'd love the hanging lamp or something similar to this, with a pattern. Lamps Plus has a ton of styles! (They're pricy, though.) I love the velvety headboard-- I've been trying to find a velvet fabric for the headboard we have in a deep raspberry color. The vacancy photograph is awesome-- but, I want to take my own picture to frame and hang in the guest room. Cute idea, don't you think?

That's it's for today! Just a little decor for thought ;)

0 comments: